Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday, September 30 2005



Friday, September 30 2005 -- 11:32am

My big bro Timothy Francis took off on his big trip this morning. There was the smell of coffee and frying potatos in the air, the sound of marshall tucker on the stereo, a warm chinook wind blowing through the window, and sun on the grass in the fields...

He woke up at around 5:00am and told Mary he was ready to go, and he told Leon he was happy.

At around 10:00am, Mary, Suzanne, Margaret, Pat and I were gathered around his bed, talking. With no preamble , and no fanfare, he left. We barely heard him go.

Timothy Francis Cullinane
July 16, 1960 -- September 30, 2005
Thank you for the days we traveled together, and happy journeying...see you when my own sun sets.

Love

Your little bro
Dan

6 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Dan,

I just want to say how much I love you and respect you. You are an amazing person. I also want to say thank you for taking me on this journey with you. You have shared a beautiful story and a beautiful part of yourself. And, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Love,
Dave

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger iwanttogohome said...

Dan-

What an honor it has been to share this journey with all of you! I shall miss Tim, his humor, his wisdom, his hugs, his gift for creating beauty, and his laughter. I will even miss his constant teasing.

You are an awesome little brother and a dear cousin! I love you! P

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger steph said...

Dan,

Never know what to say at times like this. Hope you are able to find peace/comfort during this time. Continue to write if you're up to it; you'll find a lot of people care about you, whether on this journey with Tim, or others not yet imagined.

Aloha,
Tommy

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger mouse said...

Dan,
Words cannot express how much I admire you and your ability to put into beautiful words an exact account of the love, grief, and most of all joy that we all experienced during those remarkable weeks. I love you, MD,MD

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger search engine guru said...

Hey nice blog and Friday, September 30 2005 is interesting. I was blogspot searching looking for granite counter tops and Friday, September 30 2005 popped up. That got me thinking maybe you should check out my site and we could trade links or something since your comming up in what I was searching for. Let me know. Laters

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger ginnymassey said...

my darling, darling son - are you learning to speak dry words yet - i am sometimes - i miss you oh. so. much - we have a little snow - i say 5 weeks - this cannot be - thank you for all things i didn't know were happening and i am so grateful for absolute amnesia - mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home